A Quinoa Experiment

I've had a bag of red quinoa in my pantry for a long time. I originally got it to be part of a recipe that sounded good, but I didn't find all the ingredients at the time. I never really went back out to search and the quinoa just sat in the pantry.

So finally I decided to make some and try something with it. And well, I'm going to pat myself on the back a little, this was one experiment I really liked! It came out so good that a few days later, I did made it again :)

However, as a result, I honestly didn't take many pictures. Sorry about that.

So here's the yummy red quinoa veggie salad... I didn't cook the quinoa exactly as the package said too - but you could and have it totally cold. Trust me, this is one dish that's yummy warm or cold :) I'm going to write it the way I made it though... not necessarily the way it should've been cooked.




Red Quinoa Veggie Salad

1/2       Cup     Red Quinoa
1 1/2    Cup     Water
1 1/2    Cup     Corn
1/4       Cup     Leeks
1          tsp       Minced Garlic
1          Cup     Navy Beans
1/2                   Zucchini
1                      Avocado
1                      Lime (juiced)
1          Tbl      Oil
1/2       tsp       Cumin
1/2       Tbl      Parsley

Put quinoa, corn, leeks, garlic, and water in a sauce pan to cook over medium high heat. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until water is gone. Stir every few minutes.

Toss the zucchini and beans in when the water is almost entirely gone. You just want the zucchini to soften a little (or at least that's the way I like it) and the beans to warm through - unless you're going to have this cold in which case you can add the beans whenever you want.

In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, oil, cumin, and parsley. Drizzle over your quinoa mixture and toss or stir to coat. Add in cut avocado right before serving (otherwise it could brown).

Enjoy :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Hanger

Crock-Pot Salmon?