Oven Chicken

When trying to think of a new way to make chicken (it really is the main dinner item around here)... I figured I would try cooking it differently. It was time I made time to cook chicken in the oven! I've done it before - I'm usually just lazy and prefer to pan fry or grill it if it's not in the crock-pot.

So this time I marinated my chicken breasts and tossed them in the oven, cooking down my marinade liquid to kill any bacteria and use it as a sauce. I also prepared some potatoes - that would ALSO be cooked in the oven :) Ok, toaster oven - I figured it'd be better than trying to do them and the chicken at the same time and I didn't want anything to go cold. And yes - I was being a little lazy for time :)

Even considering the time, this was good! 

Toss together marinade and let chicken marinade at least an hour - I like to flip the bag every 15 minutes or at least once at 30 so that the marinade gets all over the chicken. 


Place chicken breasts on cookie sheet and pop in the oven. Pour marinade into a skillet and bring to a boil over high - allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Use sauce to baste chicken every time you flip it. On the last flip - I basted each one last time with the sauce and lightly basted with agave to give it a sweet finish. I turned the oven to broil and let it brown. 


While the chicken was baking, I started the potatoes. I cooked them in the microwave until soft and then sliced them in half, cut each half in half length wise again and then made several slices side to side. Added some butter to each half, lightly sprinkled with garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and a light dash of chili powder. Tossed them in the toaster oven on broil and watched them brown to a nice crisp.


Honestly, I feel kinda odd sharing this, as the only thing I measured was the marinade... but it was just too good not to share and the potatoes were simple and yummy that it'd be easy to recreate.


Chicken Marinade

3                  Chicken Breasts
1      Tbl       Lime Juice
2      Tbl       Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2      Tbl       Fish Sauce
1      Tbl       Minced Garlic
1      Pinch    Chili Powder
1/2   tsp        Ground Black Pepper




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Hanger

A Quinoa Experiment

Crock-Pot Salmon?