Time to Relax

Know someone who is constantly on the go? Who never seems to slow down? That's my Mom! So for Mother's Day - I figured I'd do a 'RELAX' themed basket of bath goodies. I also wanted it to have a personal touch though - so I thought of things I could make to go in it. This post is about the Coconut Orange Salt Scrub that I made. It smells and feels great! The only thing I would change... the container I put it in...


The labels I did with my Cricket - but I must admit, I couldn't get the letters perfectly lined up. This was probably partially my lack of patience... I suppose I could've used a ruler to keep it straight... but I kind of ended up liking my funky line up :)

With the exception of the letters - this was super easy. So here's what you do (you can change the portions to fit your jar)...

Start with one cup of kosher salt and add 2/3 cup of raw sugar. You can change the type of salt and sugar used so that you can have a finer or coarser scrub. I like it semi fine - I like the scrub, but I still like it to be a bit gentle.

Then mix in 1 cup of melted coconut oil, 50 drops of orange oil (or until desired scent is achieved), and the zest from 1/2 an orange. The zest is optional - I like it because it adds the color and a little extra of that orange smell. Stir well to combine. I found that stirring with a butter knife was the easiest to get it all combined without making too big of a mess.

At times the coconut oil may get solid again - you can always heat for 15 seconds or add some baby oil or almond oil to help thin it back out if you want it thinner.





Now that you have your refreshing salt scrub, it's time to sit back and take some YOU time... it's time to RELAX :)

And if your wondering why I would change the container... well first - I made a little too much for the size of jar I had. So when I first tried to see if I had enough space to close the lid - I sent coconut oil flying... got my face and shirt pretty good too which probably would've been very funny to watch in all honesty. But the kicker for me was when I was putting on the label on the side - some of the oil leaked out and onto my pants while I was sitting on the floor trying to glue. However - on the bright side the coconut oil came out of my shirt and pants... so all in all - not a bad experience at all :) I thought I grabbed a good one - it looked like some I've had scrubs in before, but apparently it's not air tight... so if there's one thing I recommend you be sure of... that you have an airtight container. May not be a bad idea to test it with water before you put your scrub in it either :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Hanger

A Quinoa Experiment

Crock-Pot Salmon?