Gluten Free Days 11, 12, and 13

Well, sadly I've not been very good at posting my gluten free days any sooner than before. Part of it, other than just being busy, is I've not been making much of anything. Just fruits and veggies that I don't do anything with are rather boring all in all. So they just don't make the cut. And that's really all I've been up to.

Day 11 was fruits and veggies at work. A burrito bowl (no tortilla) at lunch from Chipotle as I was running around at lunch and had to have food. And a plain baked potato for dinner since we were still running around.

Day 12 was an egg and peach for breakfast - spaced by my drive in so they didn't seem as odd a combo as they sound :) Sadly I skipped lunch as things were just too crazy and I didn't want to be late. I munched at my desk of the few gluten free things I had with me (a few of the apricot coconut and cranberry cherry nut balls) and some dry gluten free cereal. For dinner we went out to a Mexican restaurant that offered a gluten free menu... I was quite impressed with how yummy it was and to find out that with some things - it's the enchilada sauce that has the gluten in it (that was news to me).

Day 13 was a little better. Had gluten free buckwheat wildberry waffles with a little peanut butter and honey... mmmm mmm good :) I was super lazy and just had more of that for lunch. However, we actually made dinner again - brown rice pasta (this time spaghetti and a different brand so we could experiment), gluten, fat, and calorie free alfredo sauce, broccoli and chicken. Another mmmm mmm good moment :)

With the waffles - I added about 1/2 - 3/4 a tablespoon of peanut butter to each with a light drizzle of honey. Quite nummy! Quick and easy too :)


Dinner took a little more time but was still pretty easy... here's what we did:

Healthy(er) Chicken Alfredo



1     lb         Brown Rice Pasta
12   oz        Walden Farms Alfredo (no calories, fat, carbs, gluten, or sugars of any kind)
2     cup      Frozen Broccoli
1/4  cup      Parmesan Cheese
1     tsp       Dried Parsley
1     tsp       Dried Basil
1     tsp       Salt
2     tsp       Ground Black Pepper
4     clove   Garlic (minced)
1     cup      Water
2                 Chicken Breasts


Cook your chicken with the minced garlic and cup water over medium high. Takes about 10 - 15 minutes, or until cooked through. I sliced chicken into cubes after cooking, but you could cut them first and they will cook faster. Once cooked, set aside.

Cook pasta per directions on bag. Seven minutes before pasta should be done, add the broccoli to the water. This may add 1 - 2 minutes onto your cooking time, but it doesn't make much of a difference really. It's an easy and quick way to cook it without using another pot... which equals less clean up too.

Drain pasta and broccoli and put back in same pan. Add rest of your ingredients, including chicken, and stir to combine. Once cheese is melted in, you're ready to eat. Top with a little extra parmesan if desired and enjoy!


One more day to go :) Have a great day and I'll be back later to post day 14.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Hanger

A Quinoa Experiment

Crock-Pot Salmon?