The Return of the Cake Mix Cookie


What do I do when I want dessert but don't want to take a lot of time? I grab a box of cake mix and make cookies :) Simple and sweet... and usually prepped and baked in less than 30 minutes. Not to mention - the endless flavor possibilities... the flexibility allows me to take care of any craving I may have.

I usually always have cake mix in the pantry - not usually for cakes (surprisingly I prefer those from scratch), but things like cookies and other yummy sweets. I buy random flavors when they're on sale for $1 a box and then when I've got a craving I pick a box and figure out what I want to do with it.

Last time I talked about cake mix cookies, I shared a few different types of cake mix cookies... today, I'm sharing a few different flavor profiles. They're simple and quick cookie creations. And they all use the basic ingredients to make the cake mix into cookies, so there is a bit of repetition for each...


White Chocolate Coconut Lemon Cookies



1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1/3 Cup Oil
1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips or Chunks
1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with a baking mat or grease it. 

Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil together with a spoon and then stir in your chocolate chips and coconut flakes. 

Make 1 inch round balls of dough and place on cookie sheet. 

Bake 8 - 10 minutes - the cookies will not look brown on top, but you only want the bottoms to be lightly golden. The tops will be pretty cracked as well. 

Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on a rack to cool.


Spiced Butterscotch Bites (a taste of fall)



1 Box Spice Cake
2 Eggs
1/3 Cup Oil
3/4 Cup Butterscotch Chips
1/2 Cup Pecan Pieces


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with a baking mat or grease it. 

Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil together with a spoon and then stir in your butterscotch chips and pecan pieces. 

Make 1 inch round balls of dough and place on cookie sheet. 

Bake 9 minutes - the cookies will not look done on top, but you only want the bottoms to be lightly golden.

Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on a rack to cool.

I cooked mine 11 minutes and they overcooked a little... at least to me, they were too crispy. The beauty of cake mix cookies is their softness. So if you want a soft cookie, just remember, you don't want them this brown on the bottom.





Coffee & Cream**



1 Box Fudge Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1/3 Cup Oil
2 Tbl Instant Coffee
White Chocolate Discs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with a baking mat or grease it.

Mix cake mix, instant coffee, eggs, and oil together with a spoon. Make 1 inch round balls of dough and place on cookie sheet. These cookies will spread more than the normal cake mix cookies, so be sure to space them at least 1 1/2 - 2 inches apart. 

Bake 9 minutes, and remember the cookies won't look done... trust me, they are. As soon as they're out of the oven, top each with one white chocolate disc. 

Transfer cookies to rack to cool.

**These were our favorites of the three. Next time, I'm thinking of putting the white chocolate disc in the center of the cookie and then maybe even drizzling with white chocolate on the top. Regardless of how you decorate them, these are GOOD!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Hanger

A Quinoa Experiment

Crock-Pot Salmon?