Double Dessert Delight

I must admit, I've had those rice krispy treats stuck in my head for awhile now. When I think of desserts they sound good.. usually it's them or brownies that I think of first. Then cupcakes - but mostly brownies and rice krispy treats :) So why not combine the two? Take care of two cravings at once :)

It sounded good so I figured it was worth a shot... if nothing else, I could always separate the two layers and eat them separately.

I baked a box of Ghirardelli Ultimate Fudge Brownies (in a slightly larger pan than recommended so it tweaked the baking time just a little)... they're my favorite boxed brownie.  Then I added rice krispy treats on top. I also gave the rice krispy treats a little twist by making them coconut flavored. Then I put the chocolate from the brownie box on top. I think the chocolate may have been good in between the two layers too - and probably would've looked a little nicer as it was difficult to spread out correctly. However that was probably more from the larger pan size than the rice krispy treats in all reality.

Anyways - they were super easy and super yummy! The resulting dessert is decadent, rich, chocolatey... simply put... amazing!



Make and bake brownies per package directions - if you make it in the correct sized pan, just be sure you have tall enough sided to account for the rice krispy treats (that's why I used a bigger one). If you get a larger pan, shorten your time and check until done.



Remove brownies from oven and start on your rice krispy treats. I made mine with coconut oil and added coconut flakes as well. Once they were made, I poured them over the brownies and smoothed them out.


Once cool, I poured on the chocolate topping.



Allow topping to cool and then you're ready to enjoy :)


Coconut Krispy Brownies

1      Box     Brownies (baked per package directions)
2      Cups    Mini Marshmallows
3      Cups    Rice Krispies
1      Tbl       Coconut Oil
1/2   Cup      Shredded Coconut

Bake brownies and set aside.

Melt coconut oil in pan over medium heat. Add in marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.

Stir in rice krispies and coconut flakes.

Pour over brownies and smooth out.

Optional: once cool, top with melted chocolate.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Hanger

A Quinoa Experiment

Crock-Pot Salmon?